I'm not quite sure what you guys have for lunch whenever you're home alone, but for me, I'll always opt for pasta if ingredients suffice, rather than instant noodles (which I'd admit to having quite often, sadly).
Anyway, popped by the supermarket few days back (to get some steak, recipe soon?!), got a pack of spaghetti and a jar of carbonara sauce. I honestly think its the most affordable yet healthy (than compared to instant noodles) home-cooked lunch for myself.
Served with some hot choco-caramel drink, this lunch don't take no more than 10 minutes to prepare. It's really easy and I'll share the recipe with you guys today!
Spaghetti Carbonara (serves one)
1. Spaghetti, or any kinds of pasta you'd like
2. Ready-made carbonara sauce, or any kinds of pasta sauce you'd like (I opt for Leggo's Carbonara sauce)
3. Water (one pot, for boiling of pasta)
5. Pepper (optional)
6. Additional ingredients e.g. sausage, crabmeat, ham or bacon (optional)
Instructions (Pasta) –
1. Put a pot of water over high heat and add in some salt.
2. When the water boils, add in pasta. Let it continue boiling for about 8-9 minutes, or until your pasta is soft enough for your consumption.
3. Drain cooked pasta from water and pour them onto a plate.
Instruction (Sauce) –
1. Heat up a small pan and add in a portion of your carbonara/pasta sauce. I'll usually have about 4-5 tablespoons of the sauce.
2. (Optional) Add in some ingredients for your pasta sauce.
3. Continue heating your pasta sauce over low heat for about 3 minutes.
4. Drizzle cooked pasta sauce over pasta.
5. (Optional) Add pepper to taste.
P/S: This is my first time (I suppose) sharing a recipe on my blog. I'm most definitely not the best candidate when it comes to cooking but I'm still able to handle such simple recipes that requires mainly heating up. More to come, perhaps?