Some time last month, I wrote a short entry on my Dayre about how much I love the IDS Diamond Dust Perfector and yes, I'm still very very much in love with it. To cut it short, this product gives me glowy and perfect skin and no I'm not exaggerating. Anyway, read on for a slightly more in-depth review!
IDS Diamond Dust Perfector
What it says on JYSKSS's website:
An exclusive product from IDS that works in seconds, instantly improves skin tone and reduces redness. Can be applied to the face, hands, neck or any external part of the body. Minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores. Smooths and mattifies the skin. Softens appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What it is to me:
The IDS Diamond Dust Perfector works as a primer, make up base, foundation all together. Manufactured by JYSK Skin Solutions, the product is exclusive to IDS and as its name suggests, it perfects your skin with real diamond dust. This product is lightweight, and the diamond dust particles help achieve a very glowy and flawless look with its 'soft focus' effect.
I've never actually been a foundation person as I think they can get pretty oily or patchy throughout the day, but I'm completely sold by how lightweight the IDS Diamond Dust Perfector is — so much so that I often forget I have it on my skin. Personally, I love the fact that it helps me even out my skin tone and makes my skin less dull as well.
The best part is that because of its smooth and liquidy consistency, I only have to use a pea-sized amount (literally) and it is enough to cover my face nicely. I made the mistake of squeezing out a coin-sized amount the first time I tried this, as per how I would do it if I were to use the usual make up base or foundation, but I figured it was too much since I really only needed a tiny bit to cover my face. While the product comes in a 10ml bottle, I think a little really goes a long way since you'd only need a tiny bit for each use.
How to apply:
The pump nozzle of the bottle makes it easy for you to dispense just a pea-sized amount on the back of your hand. I would usually use my fingers to dot it all over my face before blending it with a wet beauty blender, but you can use your fingers to blend it as well. However, I find that the finish is smoother and slightly more dewy when used with a wet beauty blender.
I don't find a need to apply a primer, make up base, foundation whenever I use this product since it's already all-in-one! Also, I've read other reviews online that you do not need to use a concealer after applying this product, but I still apply concealer after to cover my horrible dark eye rings.
As with all products, there are pros and cons. Here's what are some of the pros and cons in my opinion!
1. Reduces redness — The product helps to even out your skin tone and reduces redness
2. Improves dull-looking skin — My skin looks much more radiant and glowy with the use of this product
3. No need for multiple products to achieve a soft glowy skin look — Instead of having to apply multiple layers of make up such as primer, make up base, bb cream, cc cream, liquid foundation, powder foundation, concealer, pressed powder, loose powder, setting powder etc, you only need one IDS Diamond Dust Perfector to achieve a natural, soft skin look
4. Comes in a shade that suits almost all skin tone — The product works to correct and even out your skin tone rather than to match it, and thus it matches all skin tones really well
5. Contains real diamond dust — Well, we all say diamonds are girl's best friends and this is definitely true for the IDS Diamond Dust Perfector, as the diamond dust particles help brighten your skin and gives off the natural 'soft focus' look
1. You may still need to apply concealer after — Personally, I have very bad dark eye rings and thus, the lightweight layer of IDS Diamond Dust Perfector may not be enough to conceal the dark eye rings. I'd still apply a layer of concealer on my dark eye rings after! It works well enough to cover blemishes for me though.
2. May be slightly pricey — At SGD $43.50 for 10ml, this product may be slightly expensive compared to many others out there in the market. But considering the fact that you'd only need one of these to replace multiple products, I think SGD $43.50 isn't really that steep after all. Also, you can quote my name for discount off your purchases! More information below.
Discount / Bundle Deals
IDS Diamond Dust Perfector:
- For purchases of only 1 bottle of DD, there's a delivery charge of $8. But if you quote my name, you can get $5 off for every 2 bottles you purchase as well as free delivery!
- You can quote my name to get $5 off every bottle of Lyco-white you purchase, as well as free delivery!
IDS Diamond Dust Perfector + Lyco-White:
- $5 off if you buy 1 DD and 1 Lyco White
- $20 off if you buy 2 DD and 1 Lyco White
(Both comes with free delivery!)
In collaboration with JYSK Skin Solutions (manufacturer of IDS products), I'm giving away not one but TWO bottles of the coveted IDS Diamond Dust Perfector! You can hop over to my Instagram for the giveaway! If you're keen to find out more about IDS products you can check out either of the links below or alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to order.