I was recently tagged to do a #20factsaboutme post on Instagram so here I am! I've done these #factsaboutme posts for a couple of times I reckon, but I've never actually kept to 20 facts because it's really nerve-racking trying to come up so many, especially since I am rather incoherent with words. But I figured you guys can have a better understanding of me through these 20 facts so here goes
(Oh, I just found a list of 10 facts about me that I posted earlier on my Dayre, so I shall just copy them here, edit some and continue with another 10 facts)
- I used to dislike the name 'Brenda' and I think I still do. Would rather do without an English name.
- I'm a full-fledged Singaporean, not from China, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea nor Japan. (seriously, I've gotten these questions on my ask.fm before!!)
- My birthday falls on 13th July, and I'm 20 this year. Currently still a student, not doing anything related to arts / photography though.
- I'm introverted and I'd pick writing > speaking anytime.
- My favorite colors are black, white and grey.... If you can't already tell from what I usually wear. Technically I like wearing denim shorts too so you can count blue in.
- I don't really like cakes. (So please be honored if you offer me cake and I actually eat it.)
- In fact, I'm not too big a fan of anything sweet like candy, chocolates and stuff. The only chocolate I like is M&M's, those without peanuts.
- Speaking of cakes, If the cake is blue (or has bits of blue in it), I will love it! I am weirdly fascinated by blue food. Blue cake, blue cupcake, blue ice cream, blue yogurt, blue macarons, blue jelly – give me all!!!
- I really really REALLY like guys in NS uniform. I don't know why but guys just look very very very very good in NS uniform. #BeingProudOfOurNation #Singaporean
- I love notebooks. And envelopes. And books. Actually I just love all paper products. Put me in a stationery store and I'll call it home.
- I used to be obsessed with Hello Kitty (or maybe I still am). I had Hello Kitty dresses, tees, pencil cases, bags, stationery, wallet, key holder. I still have a lot of them huge Hello Kitty stuffed toys in my cupboard.
- I like cats (you can see why). And actually dogs too. And all other furry little animals. I would loveeee to have a pet of my own, preferably dogs because they're smarter and would respond to human beings unlike cats who lazes around and ignores the world half the time.
- I play(ed) the percussion. Drums of all sorts, keyboard percussion (xylophones, marimbas etc) and all other auxiliary instruments. I love keyboard percussion and timpani BUT somehow don't excel in either.
- I love food and I love eating, but I have really high metabolism and genes (it runs in my family) that don't allow me to gain much weight. I was like... 16kg when I was 7, 39kg since 16, and now 41kg at 20 years old. (Update: I am now 43kg yay!!!)
- I dislike anything bread-based so I try not to have burgers, pizzas or sandwiches unless I really have no idea what to eat.
- I kinda enjoy having my hair grow really long (maybe to waist level) and I'll spontaneously have them snipped off (to shoulder length) on a random day.
- I'm not very empathetic towards human beings (oops sorry).
- I find Facebook a really meaningless social media website to be on because these days, its all about sharing viral / obscene / gory pictures or videos, so I always deactivate my Facebook account but I realized how dependent I am on Facebook messages to communicate, and now I'm in a dilemma (to deactivate / not deactivate?)
- I'm not a fan of K-pop. I can't comprehend 'loving' an idol whose first language is one I don't even understand. Not hating though!
- I have, apparently, very low pain threshold.
And yes, that probably sums up 20 facts about myself! Have a good day, mates!